Leptospermum liversidgei - ‘Mossie Blocker’
‘Mozzie Blocker’ - Upright small shrub with dense fine foliage bearing masses of soft pink tea tree flowers in summer. The foliage contains high levels of citronella oil which vaporizes into the air which greatly reduces mosquito activity. Insect eating birds such as wrens feed on the stunned insects from within the foliage and on the ground. One plant will provide protection for approximately 3 square metres.
· Height 1.8m with a spread of 1.2m.
· Moist well-drained soil. Keep moist at all times, do not allow the soil to dry out.
· Tolerates moderate frosts.
· Suitable for coastal and inland gardens.
· Lightly prune after flowering to promote bush growth.
· Trim to shape in early spring and again in late summer.
· Ideal as a dense hedge around pools and outdoor sitting areas.
· Grows well in containers.