Popular old fashioned summer flowering deciduous shrub. Large, glossy green foliage bearing rounded ‘mophead’ or ‘lacecap’ flower heads in shades of red, pink, blue, mauve and white. Plant in a fertile, moist position in semi-shade or filtered sunlight.
· Height 1.5-2m Width 2-2.5m (depending on pruning)
· Prune back by half after flowering
· Protect from Hot winds
· Ideal to plant in a southernly aspect or shaded site
· White flower colour is not affected by soil PH
· Alkaline soils favour pink flowers which can be blued by adding bluing tonic or sulphur.
· Excellent shrub for a cottage style garden
· Attractive in arrangements
· Summer flowering and frost tolerant